From 1999 to 2001 Impact worked with the Small Business Development Centre, Inova IR, and other organizations involved in the Home Based Business Project for Slovenia to assist Slovenian micro-enterprises to access the global marketplace at a critical stage of their business development with the following goals:
- To enhance the viability and sustainable growth of the micro-enterprise sector through increased access to markets;
- To increase the professionalism of Slovenian micro-enterprise businesses by providing expert advice on product development;
- To provide increased opportunities for micro-enterprises to access a wider distribution channel for the marketing of their products and services through exposure in North American trade shows, in consumer exhibitions in Slovenia;
- To provide quality resource tools and training materials that are practical and educational in nature that will assist micro-enterprises in starting, operating and growing their businesses;
- To develop strategic alliances and partners committed to growth, expansion and sustainability of micro-enterprises.